Updated Worship Information
Our Sunday School class and worship service at the church have resumed. Please note the instructions below:
Weather permitting, Midway will have outdoor worship service. The service will be held in the grassy area north of the pavilion starting at 10:30 a.m. Sunday School will continue to take place via Zoom and will begin at 9:00 a.m.
If you are over 65 or have health concerns or any reservations about gathering, please feel free to stay at home and worship with us via Zoom. We fully realize and respect that not everyone will be ready to return to in-person worship at this time and will do everything we can to ensure that you can still feel a part of our service.
- Anyone who is experiencing or has recently experienced symptoms of illness should not attend but rather, should worship with us via Zoom.
- Because the CDC says that limiting face-to-face contact with others is the best way to reduce the spread of the coronavirus, we will practice social distancing, which means keeping at least 6 feet of space between yourself and other people who do not live with you.
- Wearing face masks is expected out of respect for the safety of others. If you do not have a face mask there will be some available for you. We ask that you hold on to the cloth mask you pick up to use and bring it back each week. If you have a health condition which makes wearing a face mask difficult, we would just ask that you are particularly careful about practicing social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the worship site.
- An offering box will be set up near the pavilion. No offering plates will be passed during the service.
- The Water Fountain will not be available to use. Please bring your own water.
- Restrooms will be available inside the building . Doors will be either be propped open to limit touching of surfaces or paper towels (with nearby trash cans) will be available to open doors. Use of the restrooms is the only time a person should enter the building. There will be someone to help those who need to use the elevator.
Upon arrival, please pick up a song book before sitting down.
- At this time, there will be no childcare available during the service. Parents are welcome to bring their own toys/activities for their own children to use during the service. Because we will be outside, there should be plenty of space for your family and kids to spread out and we fully realize (and are fine with it) that there will be more noise and disruptions than normal so don’t worry about that. We also realize that the ensuring social distancing with children presents unique challenges and fully understand if your family is not ready to begin in-person worship at this time.
- Seating: We encourage you to bring your own lawn chairs if you have them. If you do not have a chair, there will be chairs available for you to use. There are three seating options for our service:
- You can set up your lawn chairs in the grassy area on a marked spot. You will see spray painted dots which will be spread out at least 15 feet. Each spot is for one individual/couple/family/household.
- There will be limited seating under the pavilion for individuals who do not feel comfortable traversing the uneven grassy area.
- You are welcome to stay in your car and listen to the service from your car. We are purchasing two speakers and hope that you can still hear much of the service from a parked car with the windows down.
- Weather: If the weather does not permit us to worship outside, the service will be held over Zoom. You will receive a hotline call letting you know updates.
If you are joining the Sunday School class, the instructions are exactly the same. The class will end and you will be given a 10 minute break before the worship service starts. You will remain logged on as the worship service will take place in the same virtual “meeting room” as the Sunday School Class.
To Join By Computer/Tablet/Smart Phone:
1. Before Sunday, download the zoom software/app on your computer/tablet/smart phone by going to this following link: https://zoom.us/j/2164362278
2. At 10:25 a.m. on Sunday, go to this link to join the service: https://zoom.us/j/2164362278 and enter the password 13376
3. Click the “Join with video” button. While you don’t have to join with video, seeing everyone’s faces will make it feel more like we are together.
1. Go to zoom.us
2. Click the “Join a Meeting” button at the top right of the page.
3. Enter the Meeting ID: 216 436 2278 (don’t worry about spaces)
To Join by Landline/Cell Phone:
1. At 10:25 a.m. on Sunday dial this phone number: (312) 626-6799
2. When prompted, enter the meeting ID: 216 436 2278 followed by the # sign.
3. Enter the password 13376 followed by the # sign.
4. You will now be able to listen to the worship service on your phone.
5. When the service has ended, simply hang up.